February 10 Minutes

Ettiley Heath Playing Field Association

Minutes

1st Feb 2010, 6.30pm, Rookery Tavern

  • Present: Charlotte Smedley (CS), Vicky/Duncan Muir (VM/DM), Julia Birch (JB), Linda Johnson (LJ)
  • Apologies: John Davies (JD), Lindy Powell (LP), Gordon Brookes (GB)
  • Absent: Marvin Dean (MD), Gary/Beverley Beech (GBe, BB)

Outstanding Actions/Matters Arising:

  • 2nd Dog bin (LJ) ONGOING. No reply from Mr Massey
  • Community PC to be a reference (JD) NO REPLY
  • Newsletter (CS) ONGOING

CS to try and collate something for delivery on 7th March (see below date of next meeting)  

  • Risk assessment rota (CS) ONGOING

None done since last meeting due to weather conditions. JB and LJ do check the field whilst out walking but this isn’t documented                                                                                      CS to check on Sunday 7th Feb

  • Constitution update (VM) ONGOING

Required for next AGM

  • Marvin/Lindy’s committee positions (JD)  

Lindy has expressed her apologies for this meeting and looks to be at the next one               If no wish to be part of committee is expressed by next AGM. Marvin will be replaced

  • Flatten the mound (JD/GBe) COMPLETE

VM/DM reinstated 1st Jan after mound flattened.

Bike track update: No update: remove from future minutes

Funding Applications

Community Grant application filled in by JD for £1500 JD to provide copy for file

Working Party

  • None since last meeting
  • Look at tidy up March/April
  • Disabled access update: No update, awaiting funding
  • Any Other Business

Our reason for being a committee was discussed and it was thought that we may be being a little ambitious. Our duty is to meet regularly, pay the insurance, provide the charities commission with the required documentation and conduct regular risk assessments/keep the field safe. The above means that the field stays available for the community of Ettiley Heath

We have so many opportunities for Funding we should apply for money to erect a notice board and fix/fit the goalposts back in place

Photos of the field:

It was decided that we’d use the next meeting to take some photos. Move next meeting to Sunday 7th March 2010 10.30 Meet at the field

Notice Board:

Suggest this is the subject of a Funding Application JD to pass on a suitable application form to a willing committee member

Broken Goal Posts: One behind Rookery, one left on the field

Suggest this is the subject of a Funding Application JD to pass on a suitable application form to a willing committee member

Sports Development/half term activities are likely to start during the February half term 2010 (Chris Greenhalgh has confirmed verbally) JD to update

Date of next meeting: Sunday 7th March 2010 10.30 Meet at the field

 

About John Stones

Chair of the EHFPA
This entry was posted in Meetings & Minutes. Bookmark the permalink.